New Construction / Pre-Purchase Building
New construction building inspection
INVESTIGATIVE / SPECIAL PURPOSE / DEFECT INSPECTION
EXPERT WITNESS INSPECTION SERVICES
Pre-Purchase Building Inspection
why inspect with us
INVESTIGATIVE / SPECIAL PURPOSE / DEFECT INSPECTIONS
Precision Builders Australia have a high success rate in pin pointing the root cause of building failure and defects
We investigate and report on water leaks, moisture penetration and building structure issues and use the latest non-invasive technology and equipment. We use infrared thermography to detect energy waste, water ingress, moisture and electrical issues by identifying variations in temperature to building elements and can provide Thermal Image Reports.
Precision Builders Australia have a high success rate in pin pointing the root cause of building failure and defects and are experienced and qualified to investigate a defect or issue of concern. In new construction we can identify and report on incomplete and defective works, unacceptable workmanship and items that do not comply with Australian Standards that can lead to losses as identified under The Home Building Act.
expert witness services
Precision Builders Australia can provide Reports and services to assist your case.
Whether you are a Home Owner or Construction Professional and find yourself in need of expert witness services for the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) or court situations, Precision Builders Australia can provide reports and services to assist your case.
We offer Expert Witness, Conclave and Mediation Services in home building with extensive specialist knowledge in new construction and brickwork.
Court proceedings for building disputes require a qualified Building Expert that has the relevant Builders Licence and qualifications to provide a full Expert Witness Report of observations and findings of alleged defects in relation to the National Construction Code, Australian Standards and The Home Building Act. This report provides documented evidence of defects and outlines rectifications that may be required.
Reports are written in the correct submission format for litigation, NCAT or court and are a neutral independent expert view on building defects. A Scott Schedule may also be required. A Scott Schedule is a costing for rectifications that result from defects identified in the Expert Witness Report. The Expert Witness Report and Scott Schedule work together to support a case put to the Judge or Tribunal Member.
You can also engage us for Mediation and Conclave Services that can be ordered by NCAT.
A Conclave is a joint meeting between experts engaged by the applicant and respondent to discuss the issues identified in Expert Witness Reports to reduce issues to be determined at a court hearing. This can save costs to both parties and expedite the hearing process in complex building matters.
Mediation can be a structured meeting where parties discuss ways to settle their dispute and come to a final agreement. We can help represent your case to ensure your issues are being submitted and described by a qualified professional.
We have provided many expert witness reports and services and are completely guided by the Expert Witness Code of Conduct.
Pre-Purchase Building Inspections
why get an inspection
We provide comprehensive pre-purchase building inspection services with detailed reports of findings. Arming buyers with the knowledge and evidence required to make an informed decision on the purchase of a property by supplying information on the condition and quality of the building and structural aspects of the home.
Avoid problems and extra costs later on by knowing as much as you can about the condition of a property before you buy it. This information can be used to negotiate on price if there are building repairs that are required.
Have your inspection carried out by a fully licensed builder with adequate insurance cover to ensure a professional and expert indepth inspection to identify building issues.
what our inspection process involves
- A client briefing, where you can discuss any issues or concerns.
- An on site thorough inspection, carried out by a fully licensed Builder.
- An in-depth inspection report with photos and descriptions, in accordance with relevant Australian Standard (AS 4349.1-2007 Inspection of buildings, Part 1: Pre-Purchase Inspections). This will be emailed to you and becomes your written account of the condition of the property.
- Ongoing support is provided throughout the process.
Defects: Defects are categorised into the following areas.
- Damage: (visual disruption resulting in loss of value or the impairment of usefulness)
- Distortion, warping, twisting: (a change in a shape of an image resulting from imperfections)
- Water penetration: (the egress or entry of forms of water and dampness)
- Material deterioration: (alteration of the products original intended finish)
- Operational: (fit for proper functioning and /or ready for use)
- Installations & Appearance: (inappropriate fitting and finish of a products intended use)
- Incomplete Works: (works that need to be completed prior to the next stage)
- Safety: (a duty to report on these issues to bring it to the attention of the homeowner)
- Defective Works: (marked by subnormal structure or function and a general word for a kind of imperfection)
- Non Compliant Works: (works that are to be completed as per relevant Australian Standards and or Codes)
- Inconsistent Works: (Items not the same throughout and having self-contradictory and conflicting elements)
WHY INSPECT WITH US
Why inspect with precision builders australia
Over 25 years of Residential Construction Industry Experience
Experienced and qualified in conducting New Construction, Pre Purchase and Expert Witness Building Inspections
Expert in identifying defective building works
Prudent and honest approach to inspections
Professional approach to working alongside Builders to gain compliance
Latest specialised moisture detecting and thermal imaging equipment
Easy to understand, detailed Reports that are emailed the next business day
Defects directly referenced to current Australian Standards and National Construction Codes
we are fully licenced & fully insured